Thank you, LAPD Northeast Donors!
A few months ago we were called to the LAPD station, Northeast division on San Fernando Road. We had a meeting about their new home that was under construction next door and had the opportunity to head over for a walkthrough, hard hats and all. If you aren't in the Los Angeles area or haven't been to the current (soon to be old) station, you truly can't understand the difference from the 1970's outdated, dark, broken space to the new modern and contemporary multi-purpose Northeast station directly next door. In fact, there are reports that the old station is contaminated and has made many officers fall ill: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/05/05/lapd-breaks-ground-on-new-northeast-station-despite-health-concerns/
The purpose of the celebration we planned alongside Officer Rey and Gabriela was to thank donors within the community that contributed to the officers' new home. Right up until the very day there was construction, painting, tiling and organized chaos throughout as the construction firm diligently worked to hit the December mark for the grand opening. At 5:30pm on the dot, doors opened for lucky attendees to tour the new facility and enjoy a night of good food, great music and fantastic company.
I would like to thank the vendors and volunteers that eagerly said yes to contributing in making this a night to remember. Thank you, LAPD for choosing us to make it HAPPEN!
- Graphics, design, menus and invitations: Chanda at Paper Crew
- Desserts and delicious finger food: Merengue Bakery
- Dessert styling and custom signage (and go-to girl for anything): Kim at Two's A Party
- Photography: Edward at EDLT Photo
- Videography: Mario at Luv In Flying Colors
- Lounge rental: Rainy at Circa Rentals
- Florals: Leslie at Pixies Petals
- Coordination assistance: Crystal at The Planners Agency
- LAPD badge cookies: Auntie Apple
- DJ/Lighting/AV: Herick at Happen
- Photobooth: The Happen Booth
- Ice luge: Long Beach Ice