Hello, Inside Weddings
I still remember anxiously driving to Laguna Beach to meet with Donna, Michael and Kirsten to walk their space and provide an estimate for their August 29th wedding. Herick and I had no idea what we were in for. It was the most magical place, Twin Points, and their family tradition is to be married there. It left us speechless (for anyone who knows me personally, that's saying a lot). I've talked about this wedding leading up to it and a little after it and I still feel a little empty without the everyday chats, meetings and family texts with the Continos. This morning, I feel really lucky to relive it all and finally share it with YOU! It's up on Inside Weddings with an emotional video by Artisan Production that truly helps the viewer take in all the beauty their day had to offer. Click HERE and read all about it as the feature is written so perfectly by Rosibel Guzman:
In case you want to watch that video again, (which I highly recommend) - here you go!
[vimeo 141000362 w=1280 h=720]
And now presenting, the BEHIND-THE-SCENES:
I love to talk about the behind-the-scenes elements of every event we do, wedding or not. I believe it gives perspective on the effort and love that goes into each unique celebration. For this wedding, here are some behind-the-scenes facts:
- 3 rental companies provided tables, chairs, scullery and vignettes and delivery and pickup took 3 days
- 1 rental company provided all the vintage china, napkins, glassware and silverware but it took about 6 hours to sort and set
- lighting setup began ten days before the big day
- there were two photographers, two videographers and a behind-the-scenes videographer
- believe it or not, we changed florists ONE WEEK BEFORE
- the entire kitchen and scullery was setup in the carport
- it took three different teams to complete hair and makeup for everyone on the property
- the day of there were four full-time planners staffed with six runners, coat check, 2 security guards and 2 door hosts
- we had two DJ's and three sound systems on site
- we stayed in Laguna for four nights to be the first people on site and the last to leave
Here's the cinematic highlight to show you how it was done altogether with my team by Mario at Luv In Flying Colors:
[vimeo 137983792 w=1280 h=720]
And finally, the BTS gallery with some snapshots I took on my phone along the way...
And a few from rehearsal...
Let's not forget a few of my favorite details shots from Matthew Reiter:
And lastly, the vendors that each played a huge role in making this day one to remember. As Michael, the bride's father said, "Thanks for turning Kirsten's dream wedding into an event that will define her marriage. It was beautiful."
DJ/AV/Lighting/Production: DJ Herick and DJ Alejandro with Happen
Florals: Flower Allie
Catering, food and beverage: Chef Mike of Scott's Seafood
Cocktail lounge table rentals: Signature Party Rentals
Rentals: Baker Party Rentals
Vintage china: Dish Wish
Custom vintage rentals: Thrifted Sister Rentals
Cake: Jamie Dillion
Cookies: Auntie Apple
Bridal party hair and makeup: Flawless Faces
Staff makeup: Donna Watson
Photobooth: The Happen Booth
Additional supporting staff: Lynn Velez, Christina Vasquez, Lullette Kaufman
One final thank you really needs to go out to Crystal, Stephanie and Melissa. We have been working on so many things over the last few months, and I like to say it was kind of like speed dating. You know when they say that if you can travel with someone, you know you're friends? Try "if you can work together 16 hours straight in 100 degree weather with blisters, sweat and happy tears and still dance your way through it hugging and slapping some high fives around" you know you are FAMILY. We have formed The Planners Agency and 2016 will hold so much opportunity for us together (and maybe with you!) and I can't wait for a million more memorable days like this one. Each of these girls specializes in something different and together we are a full service package. Thank you Crystal, thank you Stephanie, thank you Melissa.